Sunday, October 4, 2009

Calling all meat-eaters

I have been meat-free for a total of 3 1/2 years. Technically, I am what is called an "ovo-lacto vegetarian". That means that I avoid meat products and meat by-products, such as dehydrated chicken fat, which is commonly found in things like Top Ramen, but I do eat eggs and dairy products. I do not eat fish either, but mainly because I do not care for it. So, naturally, the primary focus of my post will be vegetarianism. However, my posts will not be targeted just to vegetarians. Rather, I hope to convince my carnivorous comrades that just a reduction in meat consumption can be very beneficial to human health, animal health, and environmental health, and that replacing your favorite meat dishes with vegetarian or vegan dishes does not have to torturous to your taste buds.

I will include information about all things related to vegetarianism, some delicious vegetarian recipes and recommendations for good places to eat around town if you are avoiding meat, so check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment