Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Organic Ramen!

On a recent shopping trip at the Moscow Food Co-Op I discovered this Koyo Organic Ramen. I bought the Asian Vegetable flavor for a measley $.88!



As far as I could tell, only the noodles were organic, not the dehydrated vegetables or the seasoning. The instructions said to cook the noodles for 4 minutes in boiling water, which is a bit longer than your typical ramen. When the noodles seemed a little more substantial than than most ramens I have tried. I poured the ramen and broth over some brown rice to make a meal out of it.



Overall, I would say that Koyo Ramen is a good buy for something organic and it tasted pretty good for $.88. It makes a great snack on its own or a solid meal if added to some rice. Have you found any good cheap food lately?

1 comment:

  1. On campus at WSU, you can purchase a substantial bowl of rice and beans (pinto, black or refried) from Carlita's for a little over $3 after tax. While is may be a little bland, it fills my stomach with big lunch for significantly less money than eating at Subway, Villa Pizza, or Panda Express. A better idea yet would be to pack your own lunch, of course...

    ReplyDelete